I realize that I have lots to post from summer activities. I'm sorry that I am so behind. I felt it best to post current happenings since Back to School time is a such big deal especially for a family of 4 kids. It has been a busy 8 days! Kasey started her Senior year on August 20. Kelli and Nathanael started soccer practice that same day. They have had either practice or a game every day this week except for Sunday. They will have another game this afternoon, if it stops raining. I started teaching my 8th year of Early Morning Seminary on August 22. Kelli (8th) and Nathanael (7th) started school yesterday. Nathanael said that his first day of Junior High went well and that it felt natural to be there. I am so glad since Junior High can be a huge change. Yesterday, Savannah and I went to school for her first day of Kindergarten! We met with the teacher and half the class for 45 minutes. It was a beautiful day, so we walked.
We ended last night with a Scout Court of Honor. Nathanael didn't have time to completely change clothes after his soccer game, so he is wearing a unique uniform. He received 8 merit badges!!!
Today Savannah rode the bus to school and I drove to meet her as she got off at school. She was so excited!!! Unfortunately, she slid down the wet slide on the playground and soaked her pants! I was way on the other side of the playground and didn't see it happen. She came to me in tears. I told her I would bring back new pants. By the time I returned to school to help her change, she was happy and was enjoying her first day. Whew!!!
I just loved this series of pictures. You can see that she goes from willing participant to very annoyed in just 4 short pictures. Can you see the word, "MOM!!" formed on her lips in the last picture? In the 3rd picture, she can see a bus in the distance and is afraid it is hers. It wasn't hers, but we didn't know that at the time.


Savannah is getting off of the bus at school right before the slide incident.
No comments:
Post a Comment